THE TRUTH ABOUT TRUTH
“He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.” 1 John 2:4
WHAT TRUTH IS NOT:
1. Truth is not what works. Cheating on a test may lead to a good a good grade but that grade does not accurately represent the truth of what you have learned.
2. Truth is not what coheres. Although a chain and a web are cohesive, they cannot hang in ‘empty space.’ They must be anchored to something.
3. Truth is not what was intended. When a person lies but intends to tell the truth… they still lie.
4. Truth is not what is comprehensive. A person can have a ‘comprehensive’ view of a lie or an incomplete view of truth.
5. Truth is not what is relevant. A lie may connect with a persons feeling but not connect with them with what is really happening.
6. Truth is not what feels good. A bad report card may feel bad, but it represents the truth. Truth can produce bad feelings and lies can produce good feelings
THOUGHT: Truth is telling it like it is.